Oops, there are a few notes on dreams I had maybe a couple of weeks ago that I had in a draft here, so here they are:
- I was driving through a beautiful, woodsy/fieldsy part of rural Pennsylvania on a sunny afternoon, and I came to a rotary (of gravel roads) with distinguished tall pines adjacent. I continued eastbound, going down a small slope just after the rotary; the road was bordered by a very large field to the north, with a row of trees in front of it. While I was still in sight of the rotary, I realized this was the wrong direction and made a U-turn, returning to the rotary.
- I was in a great flat field area that looked like a flat part of Bern Canton, midday or early afternoon on a cloudless, sunny, summery day. The road (a dirt road) turned 90° to the right twice within about 100 yd, so that I think I ended up going west whereas I had approached the area from the west. The road may have turned back south, but I stayed there because I found a building model in progress (there might have been people there who instructed me to help out with it) and I proceeded to help paint some black screen material white, to sand something, and to paint something (maybe what I sanded) blue. I don’t remember the specifics of this too well, as my notes aren’t that helpful.
- I was at school with all the usual people, but the building was quite different – the bathroom, for instance, had rustic, warm wood stall partitions illuminated by crystalline incandescent light, and I think the partitions were diagonal to the back wall, like diagonal parking spaces. There was a (possibly celebratory) assembly happening presently, and the assembly hall, east-facing, was detailed with similar materials and lighting. There was lots of commotion around the school, too, I think because a review was incipient as well. It was right around sunset, so once I sat down in the assembly hall, I looked out the windows to the east and saw a deep dark blue sky but then bright red late sunlight on a building face visible outside, with the sunlight coming from the northwest.
Also, last night:
- I was driving around western Peterborough on a lovely sunny fall afternoon and went up what seems to correspond to Windy Row from Union St (neither of which I’ve thought about whatsoever for longer than I can remember), but it was a dead-end road to a couple of farmhouses up on a south-facing hill, with a clearing on the slope but nearby trees shading the western edge of the clearing where the road was. I think this was triggered by this excellent and familiar-sounding Something Awful front-page article.
- I was in a small city near a volcano, maybe in the Caribbean somewhere, and I was with a number of people I knew in a ranch house on a commercial-sprawl street corner northwest of the volcano. It (the volcano) blew its lid dramatically, and although it seemed as though we could easily be in the path of the exploding material, nothing adverse happened where we were, except possibly for a strong wind, which I vaguely recall scattering kids’ plastic toys on the road. I think it had been a sunny afternoon but turned dark as night with the smoke clouds from the volcano; or it might have actually turned into nighttime.